Legal Questions & General Information
Witness & Notarization
- What ID can I use for my appointment with the notary for my notarial will?
- What is an Affidavit of Execution and do I need one?
- Can I sign my will online?
- My Canada Will Registry code isn't working - help!
- Can I sign my will online / electronically?
- How do I find people to witness my legal documents once I have printed them? Who can witness my will or POA documents?
Family & Children
- Can the spouse of a designated guardian take custody of my child should the guardian predecease me?
- Do my spouse and I need to appoint the same guardian for our children?
- My marital status has changed since I made my will what do I do?
- I want to exclude a spouse, child or other family member from my will.
- When is a child old enough to not require a guardian appointed in my will?
- Can my attorney care for my dependants?
- Did my loved one make a will with Willful? Can I have access to my deceased loved one's will?
- How can I identify the difference between two individuals with the exact same name?
- In New-Brunswick, can I assign the public trustee as my executor?
- Can my assigned healthcare representative (power of attorney for healthcare) explicitly go against my wishes?
- I live in British Columbia (BC) but own property in other provinces, do I need to register my Enduring Power of Attorney with the Land Title Survey Authority (LTSA)?
- What happens if someone changes their name after I make my will?